Wheelwright receives grant from Division of Forestry
Inmate rushed to ER
Hall elected DAV State Commander for second term
Blue Day for Blue Lights set for Aug. 6
Deputies arrest alleged drug trafficker
- Wheelwright receives grant from Division of Forestry - 9:16 pm
- Inmate rushed to ER - 9:13 pm
- View Story - 7:04 pm
- Hall elected DAV State Commander for second term - 12:22 pm
- MSU’s Career Services guiding way to future - 12:09 pm
- Red Cross teaches disaster preparedness at Big Sandy Area CAP - 11:52 am
- KCA to host job fair at BSCTC’s Pikeville campus on Aug. 1 - 11:49 am
- McDonald’s Restaurants to raise funds for W.Va. flood victims - 11:43 am
- Knott Countian Danny Singleton finds new career with Teleworks USA - 11:36 am
- Blue Day for Blue Lights set for Aug. 6 - 11:33 am
- Three to be inducted into MSU Alumni Hall of Fame - 11:23 am
- Alpha Natural Resources emerges from bankruptcy - 10:13 am
- Unemployment rates down in 64 Kentucky counties - 10:10 am
- The Floyd County Times has moved - 9:53 am
- For the Record - 9:00 am
- Deputies arrest alleged drug trafficker - 11:08 pm
- Hylton named DAV of the Year - 9:59 pm
- St. Vincent hosts Family Fun Day - 2:35 pm
- BSCTC enrollment skyrocketing for fall semester - 12:38 pm
- There’s a future in fiber for laid off miner Fred Bentley - 12:28 pm
- MSU’s Presidential Search and Screening Advisory Committee to host seven public meetings - 12:18 pm
- Dave Baker, Craig Chanoff to be featured speakers at BSCTC convocation - 12:04 pm
- Floyd County Schools Transportation Department recognized - 11:47 am
- MSU MBA program named among best - 11:40 am
- American Osteopathic Association installs Boyd R. Buser, D.O., as 120th president - 11:03 am
- Floyd County Library holds Anime Micro Con - 10:29 am
- Murder trial postponed - 9:20 am
- Highlands Health System, American Heart Association team up for youth health - 4:28 am
- Kentucky College of Optometry announces new faculty - 11:46 am
- For the Record - 11:27 am
- eSight gives hope to local family - 11:24 am
- Fiscal Court approves grant money for MCCC - 11:06 am
- Operation Stuff the Bus gets rolling - 10:56 am
- Kentucky’s jobless rate drops to 5 percent - 10:38 am
- Bentley named chief financial officer at UPIKE - 9:58 am
- Isaac arrested on drug charges - 9:48 am
- Arrest made in Clayton Homes burglary case - 9:36 am
- Operation UNITE provides report - 9:20 am
- Road work slowing traffic on KY 550 - 8:51 am
- Enrollment continues for MSU’s fall semester - 6:12 am
- Floyd County Community Health Fair set for Aug. 3 - 6:01 am
- UNITE speaks with Floyd County Chamber of Commerce - 5:44 am
- PMC to host community health fair on World Hepatitis Day - 5:09 am
- PLI concludes program with session on natural gas and energy - 5:07 am
- The Road to Rio: All roads lead home for BSCTC alum Kenny Rice - 3:06 pm
- Sister duo, local favorites Cyrus and Hall to be Opry ‘s special guests - 2:52 pm
- Floyd County receives grant to preserve local records - 2:50 pm
- Major Mountain Parkway project in Salyersville nears start of construction - 2:35 pm
- Big Sandy Small Business Expo set for Friday, Aug. 19 at JWSP - 2:24 pm
- MSU adds SOAR program on Aug. 5 - 2:17 pm
Blue Day for Blue Lights set for Aug. 6
MARTIN – First responders are the ones on the scenes of various incidents regardless of day or time. These individuals that are rushing to the a...
Three to be inducted into MSU Alumni Hall of Fame
MOREHEAD - Morehead State University will welcome three new members into its Alumni Hall of Fame during Homecoming 2016. This honor provides recogniti...
Alpha Natural Resources emerges from bankruptcy
BRISTOL, Va. – Alpha Natural Resources and its affiliates announced that the company has successfully emerged from Chapter 11 bankruptcy protect...
Unemployment rates down in 64 Kentucky counties
FRANKFORT – Unemployment rates fell in 64 Kentucky counties between June 2015 and June 2016, rose in 49 counties, and remained the same in seven...
The Floyd County Times has moved
PRESTONSBURG - The Floyd County Times has moved. The Times, which has called 263 South Central Avenue in Prestonsburg home since the mid-1990s, is now...
For the Record
ChargesRobert Power, 29, promoting contraband - first degree, controlled substance prescription not in original container, drug paraphernalia – ...
Ranier Racing with MDM: Miller finishes second in first ARCA start
MOORESVILLE, N.C. – Ranier Racing with MDM was in Brownsburg, Indiana on Friday for the team’s fourth ARCA Racing Series start of the seas...
Louisville earns NABC Team Academic Excellence Award
LOUISVILLE - On Wednesday, the National Association of Basketball Coaches (NABC) announced the fourth annual Team Academic Excellence Awards, created ...
Three Cardinals selected to All-ACC Preseason Team
LOUISVILLE – The University of Louisville football team had three players selected to the 2016 Atlantic Coast Conference Preseason Team announce...
Kentucky Football Fan Day set for Saturday Aug. 6
LEXINGTON – The University of Kentucky football program’s annual Fan Day has been set for Saturday, Aug. 6. The event will feature an auto...
Field-level seating to debut at EKU home football games
RICHMOND – Eastern Kentucky University football fans will have a chance to watch the Colonels from a unique perspective this season as EKU’...
Over 120 MSU athletes named to OVC Commissioner’s Honor Roll
MOREHEAD – Over 120 Morehead State University student-athletes have been named to the Ohio Valley Conference Commissioner’s Honor Roll for...
Movies From the Black Lagoon
A sextet of maniacs invade a spook house where their own murder sprees are being celebrated in this wry tribute to the ‘slasher’ genre.We ...
We just finished Vacation Bible School and are super-pooped. (That’s beyond tired.) It was crazy! It was awesome! We had the best time!Years ago...
A good week for average releases will feature four movies hot off the shelves.HARDCORE HENRY - First person shooter video game fans will enjoy this ,o...
Esports Vision Science Academy held at UPIKE
PIKEVILLE – Area middle and high school students sharpened their technology skills and learned about the science of vision in a setting centered...
Artists sought for Ohio Valley Art League Wildlife Exhibit
FRANKFORT — The Ohio Valley Art League and the Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources are inviting artists to enter the 2016 Kentuck...
Seeing through Rose Colored Glasses
Mary Poppins was “practically perfect in every way,” except that Mary Poppins isn’t real. I fall very short of “practically pe...
Worrying is often an automatic response when you are facing problems, dilemmas, or uncertainty. Constant worrying creates physical and mental problems...
Fossil Fuel Divestment: A Fool’s Errand
Green activists are getting schooled in fossil fuel divestment. Despite environmentalists’ best efforts, New York University and the University ...
Racial Reconciliation and Hope
The latest murder of three Baton Rouge police officers has rattled our already fragile sense of safety and reminds us—as if we needed reminding&...
Loving America Means Finding Fault With It
I was sitting on a bus one summer, chatting with a man behind me who’d worked all over the world in the U.S. foreign service. Like many conversa...
The American Dream Moved to Canada
Does your family aspire to the American Dream of a decent paying job, a few weeks of paid vacation, a home of your own, and the hope of retiring befor...