Fiscal Court holds special meeting
JWT opens 9 to 5: The Musical
David School receives $30,000 grant
Independence Day Celebration to feature music and much more
Local Floyd County couple visits Italy and Greece
- MSU ranked among ‘Most Affordable Online Bachelor’s Degrees in Accounting’ - 3:06 pm
- BSCTC President meets with secretary of education and workforce development cabinet - 1:17 pm
- Fiscal Court holds special meeting - 11:19 am
- Jail to stop accepting cash - 10:38 am
- JWT opens 9 to 5: The Musical - 10:34 am
- University of Pikeville hosts PEPP Program - 10:14 am
- For the Record - 10:04 am
- David School receives $30,000 grant - 9:56 am
- Independence Day Celebration to feature music and much more - 9:41 am
- Local Floyd County couple visits Italy and Greece - 9:29 am
- Highlands, Passport Health Plan partner to sponsor GoNoodle - 6:09 am
- Big Sandy Power Plant natural gas conversion complete - 5:48 am
- Kentucky General Assembly - 5:30 am
- No mines eligible for a Pattern of Violations, MSHA screening shows - 5:07 am
- Patton Leadership Institute hosts session on regional tourism - 5:01 am
- Kentucky Opry to host Kelsie May as special guest performer - 4:26 pm
- MSHA launches enhanced safety standards enforcement - 4:23 pm
- MSU’s Early College Program holds summer faculty meeting - 4:05 pm updated: 4:05 pm.
- Eastern Kentuckians encouraged to apply for new tech training opportunity - 3:59 pm
- Kentucky Blood Center assists seniors - 3:48 pm
- Legislators applaud Ky. Supreme Court decision to review university budget cuts - 3:45 pm updated: 3:45 pm.
- Lawmakers review veto of Kentucky’s Real ID legislation - 3:43 pm
- Tour groups enjoy sites, events in Floyd County - 11:27 am
- Stumbo, Betsy Layne principals address board - 10:43 am
- Work progresses on new VFW facility - 10:40 am
- Statewide coal production declines in first quarter - 10:21 am
- Martin to hold Independence Day Celebration - 10:06 am
- Floyd County Animal Shelter needs donations - 9:58 am
- Bluegrass music patriarch Ralph Stanley dies at 89 - 9:42 am
- Thornsbury named Governor’s Scholar - 8:45 am
- Smith to compete for Miss Kentucky - 7:51 am
- BSCTC announces Dean’s List for Spring 2016 semester - 6:51 am
- Mountain Parkway Expansion Progress Report released - 2:42 pm
- For the Record - 11:50 am
- Legislative panel hears future plans for state parks - 11:26 am
- Wheelchair-bound student overcomes obstacles - 11:13 am
- ARI and KVEC changing education - 11:00 am
- Excavator attached to dozer by cable for latest removal at Ivel slide - 10:26 am
- Jobless rates down in 91 Kentucky counties - 10:11 am
- Hall not indicted on murder charges - 9:43 am
- Sheriff cracks down on dealers - 9:36 am
- Layoff gives miner chance to finish what he started through HOME program - 4:29 am
- Bevin appoints Paintsville attorney to Public Service Commission - 3:42 am
- Appalachian Wildlife Center receives $100,000 donation - 3:33 am
- Bevin presents Governor’s Medal of Valor to family of KSP Trooper - 3:27 am
- GoVoteKY.com surpasses 100,000 users - 3:15 am
- Education Accountability Steering Committee members announced - 3:10 am
- UPIKE hosts USDA Farm Service Agency listening session - 4:31 pm
- Greene selected for National Youth Science Camp - 4:04 pm
- Hall participates in Circuit Court Clerks Spring Conference in Frankfort - 4:00 pm updated: 4:00 pm.
Highlands, Passport Health Plan partner to sponsor GoNoodle
PRESTONSBURG – For the 2015-2016 schoolyear, Highlands Health System partnered with Passport Health Plan to sponsor GoNoodle for elementary scho...
Big Sandy Power Plant natural gas conversion complete
LOUISA – The Big Sandy Power Plant is once again generating electricity for Kentucky Power customers with the successful conversion to a natural...
Kentucky General Assembly
(Left to Right) Rep. Fitz Steele, D-Hazard, confers with Interim Joint Committee on Banking and Insurance Co-chair Rep. Jeff Greer, D-Brandenburg, bef...
No mines eligible for a Pattern of Violations, MSHA screening shows
ARLINGTON, Va. – The U.S. Department of Labor’s Mine Safety and Health Administration announced on Wednesday that – for the first ti...
Patton Leadership Institute hosts session on regional tourism
PIKEVILLE – The Patton Leadership Institute class met on June 9 for its latest session in the Chamber’s professional development and leade...
Calipari announces Rookie of the Year Camp featuring Karl-Anthony Towns
LEXINGTON – University of Kentucky men’s basketball head coach John Calipari and former UK player Karl-Anthony Towns are excited to announ...
201 Speedway to host Bob Miller Memorial
SITKA - History 201 Speedway is preparing to host the 2nd Annual Bob Miller Memorial on Friday night.The Late Model feature race will pay $10,000 to t...
Hutchinson running second in KDRA Super Stock class
RICHMOND - Hi Hat driver Brandon Hutchinson finds himself a close second in Richmond Raceway’s AR Bodies KDRA Super Stock class. Currently, 20 p...
UPIKE women’s team adds talent with Bias’ 2016 recruiting class
PIKEVILLE - Six incoming freshman make up the first recruiting class for University of Pikeville head women’s basketball coach Brandon Bias, whi...
Brown to lead UPIKE women’s bowling program
PIKEVILLE - Bobby Brown, a two-time NCBCA National Coach of the Year, is set to become the second head coach in the history of the University of Pikev...
I have apologized to several of our patients this week. My head and heart are filled with Bible school music and it keeps seeping out of my mouth - I ...
Four with MSU ties vying for Miss Kentucky crown
MOREHEAD - Three Morehead State University students and one recent graduate are among the 30 contestants that will compete in the 2016 Miss Kentucky P...
Kentucky Afield Outdoors: Boat safely this Fourth of July
FRANKFORT – Millions of motorists soon will take to the nation’s roadways with plans of spending the extended Fourth of July holiday weeke...
MSU Space Science Center’s Star Theater nearing 100,000 visitors
MOREHEAD - The Morehead State University Space Science Center’s Star Theater has educated and entertained audiences young and old since its open...
A trio of solid entertainment choices will arrive with little fanfare during the upcoming week alongside the goofiest killer flick since the ‘Sh...
Together, We Can – and Must – SOAR
PRESTONSBURG – When it comes to innovation, the Big Sandy region is gaining national attention for its collaboration in community, workforce and...
A Legislative Perspective on the Kentucky General Assembly
FRANKFORT – While the calendar tells us that summer technically began last week, the truth is that it feels like the season is halfway over by t...
The Incredible Hopelessness of America’s Gun “Conversation”
For millennia, the ability to interpret hieroglyphics had been lost to the ages. So when Jean-Francois Champollion decoded the Rosetta Stone it was a ...
Working Together to Save Lives
More than 1,000 Kentuckians die each year from drug overdoses, more than 200 of them from heroin. Heroin use has surged over the past few years, contr...
Kentucky Sexual Assault Victims Deserve a Voice
By now, most of America has heard about the horrific Stanford University rape case. This tragedy was pushed into the public eye after a 12-page victim...
Keep Kentucky in KentuckyWired
For nearly 80 years, the Kentucky Telecom Association (KTA) and its 16 regular member companies have played a critical role in bringing telephone, and...