Prestonsburg police nab alleged drug trafficker
Meals to Wheels active in Prestonsburg
Prater charged with 30 counts of wanton endangerment
Prestonsburg Tourism officials gear up for busy year
Senate moves to snuff out smoking in schools
- VFW Post 5839 issues statement regarding donations - 6:03 pm
- Public benefit corporation bill heads to Senate - 2:24 pm
- Fentanyl crackdown bill clears House committee - 10:28 am
- UPIKE business lecture series set for Feb. 23 - 10:17 am
- Prestonsburg police nab alleged drug trafficker - 10:03 am
- Meals to Wheels active in Prestonsburg - 9:49 am
- Prater charged with 30 counts of wanton endangerment - 9:30 am
- Prestonsburg Tourism officials gear up for busy year - 9:21 am
- For the Record - 8:56 am
- Senate moves to snuff out smoking in schools - 6:20 am updated: 6:20 am.
- Foster youth driver’s license bill heads to Senate - 6:13 am updated: 6:20 am.
- Kentucky shatters export record at $29.24 billion - 6:11 am
- MSU area consultants recognized at KSBDC Conference - 6:09 am
- House panel OKs school-based opioid abuse prevention bill - 5:33 am
- KSP forms new unit dedicated to officer-involved shooting investigations - 5:30 am
- UPIKE student accepted to national fellowship program - 5:30 am
- Turner meets with members of National MS Society - 5:30 am
- Kentucky’s Touchstone Energy Co-ops sponsor PRIDE Spring Cleanup - 2:30 pm
- Big Sandy Women’s Business Symposium set for Feb. 28 - 2:04 pm
- Adkins files legislation to make adoption more affordable - 1:47 pm
- Kentucky Coal Academy announces training courses - 1:24 pm
- Tussey achieves Certified Healthcare Emergency Professional (CHEP) accreditation - 1:08 pm
- Volunteers needed in 37 counties to review cases of children in foster care - 1:06 pm
- College immunization bill clears House committee - 1:06 pm
- View Story - 12:57 pm
Foster youth driver’s license bill heads to Senate
FRANKFORT — Sixteen- and seventeen-year-olds in foster care could apply for driver’s permits and driver’s licenses under a bill that...
Kentucky shatters export record at $29.24 billion
FRANKFORT - Kentucky’s exports broke an all-time record in 2016 with $29.24 billion in goods and services shipped abroad from the Commonwealth, ...
MSU area consultants recognized at KSBDC Conference
MOREHEAD - Morehead State University SBDC staff received awards for its achievements at the Kentucky Small Business Development Center Conference held...
House panel OKs school-based opioid abuse prevention bill
FRANKFORT — Students could soon be learning about the dangers of prescription pain killer abuse under a bill that cleared the House Education Co...
KSP forms new unit dedicated to officer-involved shooting investigations
FRANKFORT - With increasing public interest and media attention throughout the U.S. regarding the use of deadly force by law enforcement agencies, the...
Blackcats claim county B-team title
BETSY LAYNE - The Adams Middle School Blackcats captured the Floyd County B-Team Championship earlier in the month, defeating Betsy Layne 33-23 for th...
Adams C-Team wins county title
BETSY LAYNE - The Adams Middle School C-Team beat tournament host Betsy Layne 36-20 in the title game to capture the Floyd County championship earlier...
Collins, Tackett leads Raiders over June Buchanan
PIPPA PASSES - Jake Collins and JR Tackett scored 24 points apiece to lead South Floyd past host June Buchanan 90-55 in a late-season boys’ high...
Blackcats drop game to host Magoffin County
SALYERSVILLE - The Prestonsburg Blackcats faced a tough test on the road late last week. Magoffin County, the preseason favorite in the 15th Region, p...
Prestonsburg trio advances to state
PRESTONSBURG - Three Prestonsburg High School wrestlers are set to compete in the 54th KHSAA State Wrestling Championships later in the week.All three...
Moon leads Eagles over EKU
RICHMOND – Morehead State (13-12, 9-3 Ohio Valley Conference) earned its ninth win in the past 11 games over the weekend, defeating in-state riv...
Judy Rogers Art/Media/Writing Contest open for submissions
MOREHEAD - Morehead State University’s Gender Studies Program and the Department of History, Philospohy, Interdisciplinary Studies and Legal Stu...
HUBBLE EXHIBIT AT EKSC: Big Sandy Community and Technical College’s East Kentucky Science Center and Varia Planetarium (EKSC) will host the NASA...
Movies From the Black Lagoon
A zombie apocalypse spreads quickly throughout South Korea, and the titular locomotive, in this action packed thriller that manages to combine zombie ...
Four very diverse pieces of entertainment made for an exciting week for renters but a tough one if you didn’t have time for all of them.ARRIVAL ...
We were looking at pictures recently from last year’s vacation. We were at the beach and the scenery was glorious. Because the photo was in my p...
EKU students spin for study-abroad scholarships
RICHMOND - Thirteen Eastern Kentucky University students will soon leave their comfort zones as recipients of study-abroad scholarships from the Unive...
To Save Main Street, Tax Wall Street
All too often these days, large U.S. corporations and Wall Street banks seem more interested in tapping overseas markets than in growing a customer ba...
The General Assembly must protect Kentucky retirees’ pensions
One of the most important responsibilities of the State Treasurer is to be a watchdog for money earned by Kentuckians. That includes protecting Kentuc...
Legislative Update: General Assembly returns in Frankfort
FRANKFORT — The General Assembly returned to Frankfort this week after a brief organizational break, and the week has been filled with legislati...
Senate Week In Review
FRANKFORT — Lawmakers returned to Frankfort this week to reconvene the 2017 Regular Session with plenty of issues on the table. Many of those we...
Will the Real Donald Trump Please Stand Up?
Last week President Donald Trump spoke to the National Prayer Breakfast in Washington, D.C., as his predecessors have consistently done since 1953. Ca...
What I saw outside the abortion clinic
Have you ever gone to an event expecting one thing only to find out that it was something entirely different? That was my day on Friday and I don̵...