The Great Easter Egg Hunt is back, and this year’s contest features a new way to obtain clues before they run in the paper.
During The Floyd County Times’ annual contest, an Easter egg is hidden and then a clue to its location is printed in each issue of the paper. The first person who deciphers the clues, finds the egg and returns it to The Times’ office wins $500.
This year, however, those taking part in the contest can get each clue the day before it runs in the paper, simply by visiting one of the contest’s sponsors. Clues will provided to every sponsor no later than 3 p.m. the day before the paper comes out, although many will have them earlier.
Sponsors of this year’s contest include:
• Speedy Cash, at Watergap
• Community Trust Bank, in Allen and Prestonsburg
• Parkview Pharmacy, at Minnie
• The Mountain Arts Center, in Prestonsburg
• Walmart of Prestonsburg
• Stonecrest Golf Course
• Howard Family Pharmacy, at Eastern
• Riverview Health Care, in Prestonsburg
• Prestonsburg Health Care
• Home Furniture, Prestonsburg
• Healthy Smiles, in Prestonsburg
To obtain a clue before it runs in the paper, participants must visit one of the sponsors. Rules prohibit sponsors from giving out clues over the phone.