MOREHEAD – Morehead State University’s Presidential Search and Screening Advisory Committee will host seven public meetings to obtain input from members of the MSU community and the general public on the presidential search.
The committee will host in-person meetings in Hazard, Prestonsburg, Maysville, Mt. Sterling, Ashland and Morehead.
The committee is chaired by Regent Wayne Martin. The committee is comprised of Kathy Walker, regent, vice chair; Dr. Royal Berglee, faculty regent; Dr. Shannon Harr, staff regent; Adam Abbott, student regent; Eric Howard, Alumni Association member and regent; Buckner Hinkle, MSU Foundation Board of Directors; Dr. Michelle Kunz, faculty; and Karen Chaney, community representative. Regent chair Paul Goodpaster will serve in an ex-officio capacity.
President Wayne D. Andrews announced his retirement May 13, but will remain in office until June 30, 2017.
Forums will be held as follows:
– Hazard, Monday, Aug. 8, 4:30 p.m., Hazard Community and Technical College, 1 Community College Drive;
– Prestonsburg, Tuesday, Aug. 9, 4:30 p.m., MSU at Prestonsburg Campus, 6 Bert Combs Drive;
– Maysville, Monday, Aug. 15, 4:30 p.m., Maysville Community and Technical College, 1755 US Hwy 68;
– Mt. Sterling, Tuesday, Aug. 16, 4:30 p.m., MSU at Mt. Sterling Campus, 3400 Indian Mound Drive;
– Ashland, Friday, Aug. 19, 4:30 p.m., MSU at Ashland Campus, 1400 College Drive;
– Morehead (MSU employees), Monday, Aug. 22, 1 p.m., Button Auditorium;
– Morehead (Community), Monday, Aug. 22, 4:30 p.m., Morehead Conference Center, 111 E. 1st Street.
According to Martin, the committee would like to get input that will assist the group on what the benchmarks/criteria the public would like to see in MSU next president. The committee will recommend finalist(s) to the Board of Regents in early 2017.
Additional information is available at www.moreheadstate.edu/presidentialsearch/.