Joint Committee on Judiciary to hear comments on drug-related issues during meeting in London
by Jack Latta firstname.lastname@example.org
LONDON - Drug abuse will be the topic of discussion when the Kentucky General Assembly’s Interim Joint Committee on Judiciary convenes today in the Fifth Congressional District.
The meeting will be held at the Kentucky National Guard’s Joint Forces Operation Center in London beginning today at 1 p.m.
The meeting will feature presentations by community leaders as well as state and national diginitaries. Those expected to speak during today’s meeting are as follows:
• U.S. Rep. Hal Rogers, 5th Congressional District
• Dan Smoot, UNITE President and Chad Webb, UNITE Voucher Recipient, Pike County, who will discuss Operation UNITE’s Assistance Hotline and Treatment Voucher Programs
• Ronald L. Hatfield, J.D., Manager, Health Information Solutions who will discuss Monitoring prescription drugs
• Mark A. Fisher, M.S., State Opioid Treatment Administrator, Department of Behavioral Health, Developmental & Intellectual Disabilities, Professor Robert Walker, M.S.W., L.C.S.W., UK Center on Drug and Alcohol Research, Van Ingram, Director, Ky. Office of Drug Control Policy who will discuss Drug Assessment and Treatment Needs and Capacity Across the Commonwealth
• Ed Monahan, Public Advocate, Ky. Department of Public Advocacy, Judge Dan Kelly, 11th Judicial Judge, Green, Marion, Taylor, Washington counties Professor Robert Walker, M.S.W., L.C.S.W., UK Center on Drug and Alcohol Research discussing the DPA Alternative Sentencing Social Worker Program
• Dr. Henrietta Bada, Director of Kentucky Pediatric Research Institute, University of Kentucky , Dr. Shepard, Director of Maternal and Child Health, Department of Public Health, discussing drug addicted and dependent babies
This is the second time the Interim Joint Committee on Judiciary has held a meeting in the region. The previous session was conducted July 6, 2012, in McCreary County.
For more information about Operation UNITE visit their website at www.operationunite.org.
Commentscomments powered by Disqus
Local Gas Prices