Big Sandy Area Community Action Program (BSACAP) will sponsor a series of community health fairs in August.
“These health fairs will give us the opportunity to bring community partners to one location where they can dispense health-related information, answer questions, and perform free health screenings,” noted BSACAP Executive Director James Michael Howell.
Community partners include:
• Appalachian Hospice Care
• Big Sandy Area Development District
• Big Sandy Health Care
• Blair Medical Supply
• Carl D. Perkins Vocational Rehabilitation Center
• Commission for Children with Special Health Care Needs
• Community Recovery Program
• Department for Community Based Services
• Extension Offices
• Facing Hunger Food Bank
• First Steps
• Health Departments
• Humana Care Source
• Kentucky Cancer Program
• Home Place Clinic
• Mountain Comprehensive Care Center
• Mountain Manor
• Mountain Regional Prevention Center
• New Opportunity School for Women
• Passport Healthplan
• Pats Pharmacy
• Sandy Valley Abuse Center
• Social Security Administration
• Veterans Administration Medical Center
• Walmart Vision Center
• Free health screenings
• Free diabetic shoe fittings
• On-site Kentucky Vision applications
• Information about Medicaid, Medicare and Kynect
To find out which service providers are attending the heath fair in your county or to schedule a booth for your organization, call your county service office at one of the numbers listed below. The health fairs will be held at the following locations and times:
• Floyd County – (606) 874-3595
Floyd County Health Department
Thursday, Aug. 28, 1-4 p.m.
• Johnson County – (606) 789-6515
Paintsville Recreation Center
Wednesday, Aug. 20, 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
• Magoffin County – (606) 349-2217
Magoffin County Community Center
Tuesday, Aug. 19, 9 a.m. to noon
• Martin County – (606) 298-3217
Roy F. Collier Community Center
Tuesday, Aug. 26, 1-4 p.m.
• Pike County – (606) 432-2775
Pike County Extension Office
Wednesday, Aug. 27, 9 a.m.-1 p.m.