Eight charged with organized crime
by Ralph B. Davis
INEZ — Eight people are facing charges of engaging in organized crime, following an investigation by Kentucky State Police.
According to a statement released by KSP Public Affairs Officer Shaun Little, the agency was investigating the theft of funds from the Martin County Water District, when police learned that the eight allegedly illegally obtained and cashed checks from the water department account.
A grand jury returned indictments against the eight defendants Thursday. Those charged include:
• Jerry L. Mayard, 24, of Inez
• Colby C. Maynard, 26, of Inez
• Nannie Lucy Blackburn, 35, of Inez
• Dennis Scott, 34, of Pilgrim
• Alvin Wesley Johnson, 28, of Inez
• Melissa Hinkle, 28, of Inez
• Jstin Keller, 29, of Inez
• Sean Keller, 27, of Inez
The case remains under investigation by KSP Detective Jason Dials.
Commentscomments powered by Disqus
Local Gas Prices